Random freezing

By bubble
Oct 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Alright, so for a while I had this problem where my computer would just freeze. Everything would just freeze, keyboard doesn't work, mouse doesn't work. I, went to a friend that knows a lot about computers, he told me its probably my RAM. I went and bought 3 new sticks of RAM, each with 4 GB, Kingston it was called I believe.

Anyway, for a while it seemed to work, but every now and then I still get it. It would happened just randomly it seems, I put my computer to sleep over night, the next day when I went to use it, I noticed it wasn't in sleep but instead frozen. Although, I am certain that it went to sleep when I left.

I tried updated my video card, no luck. I even got rid of my sound card considering thats the newest thing I added to my computer.

I am trying to update my BIOS however every time I download the Asus BIOS- utility to help me with the ROM file and update the BIOS. It says "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running." I know for a fact I downloaded the one that I have. I even tried downloading the Vista 64bit BIOS utility, but it too gave me the same error. I had Vista 64 bit before I installed Windows 7 64bit.

I have 64bit Windows 7, Geforce GTX 260, Asus P6T, Intel i7, and 12GB of RAM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.