Random freezing

By AaronMC
Mar 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. About a week and a half ago, I built my first PC. I'm not that tech-savvy but managed to get it done. Everything was running smoothly, and great until 3 days ago. I was started up a game and my computer froze up completely. Can't move the mouse, none of the keys work, nothing. The only thing I can do is push the reset button on my tower. Sometimes, after I do that though, it freezes on the windows splash screen, before I enter my password. It's happened when I've been watching a youtube video, and tried to fullscreen the video. It's happened a few times on the start up to games. It's also happened just while surfing the internet.

I have a bad memory, but I seem to remember it started happening after I downloaded "MotionInJoy", which allows you to use a ps3 controller as a gamepad. I got fed up with that software, so deleted it. I did my best to deleted all the drivers it installs, and anything related to it. I think I've done that, but the freezing problem still persists.

Here my specs in case that helps:
    AMD FX 6100 six core processor 3.30Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForcer GTX 650 Ti
    500 GB HDD
    4 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Home
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,732   +156

3. AaronMC

AaronMC Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

The first one I installed was the latest verson (0.7.1) but I uninstalled that, and went to the 0.6.5 version.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.