Random Game Rebooting Error

By Cheezeit
Jul 29, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alright, so Im going to try to be succinct here. Any time I try to run certain games (the most recent is World of Warcraft, but others included W3 and Heretic 2 even) Im subject to random reboots and shutdowns. Mostly it just reboots or sometimes dies and looks like its still running but I get nothing on the screen. I have replaced: psu/ram/motherboard/processor/soundcard. I have reformatted and reinstalled windows. I have tried checking the temp and adding fans/taking the case off and aiming the air conditoner at it, and I'm convinced its not overheating. I have updated my graphics card drivers. I have installed all windows updates. The only thing that remains is I believe my video card, which I'm hoping is not the case, as I absolutely cannot afford a new one right now. Is there anything else this could be? Has anyone heard of anything like this? I've added the 3 latest minidumps and system info's below.

AMD Sempron 2800+ 1.8 GHz
    512 RAM PC3200
    Windows Xp pro
    Radeon 9550 128 mb
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.