Random installation issues with World of Warcraft

i bought a hp m8400f desktop previously owned just a week ago. restored back to factory settings and had no problem but im a gamer and installed world of warcraft. installed fine and updated up until latest patch. gives me a "failed to download update and patches. check connection" i instinctively turn off firewall and and security settings for the time being. and ran as administrator. no positive outcome. been dealing with blizzard for the last week and have seen the same box constantly when trying to start the game but works with starcraft 2 and regular internet explorer or any other games for that fact. uninstalled norton as well that came with factory settings. safe mode also proved to be a failure. if any suggestions or any helpful input can be given im all ears because im not really seeing any progress and just having a horrible time lol. thank you for any helpful info

It might be helpful if you described the hardware of the M8400f... memory, DVD drive, operating system, etc... It could be as simple as a worn optical drive. Most people will not take the time to go to the Hewlett Packard site to look up the configuration of that machine.

Back