Inactive Random Internet Disconnection

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkerex

Hello,

I posted in the Network section to see if it may be something 'hardware' wrong with my system, but I also decided to run the 6 steps to double check and see if my problems are virus/bug related. What is happening is I will be on the internet and then will randomly disconnect from the network. I am hardwired from a router, tried switching ports and come to find out it is not the router (2nd computer connected to it and it is fine without any problems).

The most I run at one time would be Ventrilo, WoW, and a website in the background and previously this was not a problem. I also would mention that recently we added networking for my computer to have access to the printer in a different room; not sure if that may have started causing this.

Please advice :)

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-09-17 (19-36-38).txt
    868 bytes · Views: 2
  • gmer.log
    2.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DDS.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Attach.txt
    16 KB · Views: 0
Hi. Please update MBA-M and run it again as directed in the sticky. The version you ran is ancient.

Post the log when done.

Apologies, here is the updated information. Thank you :)

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-09-18 (03-05-06).txt
    894 bytes · Views: 1
No worries :). That looks fine, but we have to be sure by running the most up-to-date definitions file.

==

Please download ComboFix by sUBs from HERE or HERE
  • You must download it to and run it from your Desktop
  • Physically disconnect from the internet.
  • Now STOP all your monitoring programs (Antivirus/Antispyware, Guards and Shields) as they could easily interfere with ComboFix.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a log. Please save that log to post in your next reply.
  • Re-enable all the programs that were disabled during the running of ComboFix..

Note:
Do not mouse-click combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

Run Combofix ONCE only!!

============

Download OTL to your Desktop.

* Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
* Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
eNetHook.dll
ahcix86.sys
KR10N.sys
nvstor32.sys
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
CREATERESTOREPOINT

* Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows: OTL.txt and Extras.txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them back here.

Here we go!

Not sure if this extra info helps, but I just noticed this. While I am actively looking at my Task Manager, for some reason under the 'Processes' tab, my System Idle Process is now constantly running at between 78-99 and a program called wmpnetwk.exe keeps shifting every second between 00 and 17-19. Along with that, under the 'Performance' tab, the CPU Usage History spikes once I log into an MMORPG game it goes all the way top and then I get the disconnects. When I try to run a browser (regular email surfing or even in here) or Netflix/Youtube/Ventrilo, under the 'Performance' tab, the CPU Usage History starts looking like an EKG rather than a steady flat line as it used to. I can still watch videos and browse, but after some time I still get booted.

Attachments

• 9-18 log.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 1
  • OTL.Txt
    80.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Extras.Txt
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
Please download JavaRa

If you get this message:
Problems with the download? Please use this direct link or try another mirror.

Select the Direct link download unzip it to your Desktop.

Double click JavaRa.exe then click Remove Older Versions.

Follow any prompts; a log will popup (JavaRa.log)-- please post the contents of this log.

Next, open JavaRa.exe again, and select Search For Updates.

Select Update Using Sun Java's Website --> Search, and continue the instructions for downloading and installing the latest Java version. Look for JDK 6 Update 21 (JDK or JRE). On the right select this one Download JRE..

In Vista and Windows 7 run the tool as Administrator.

===============

1. Please open Notepad
  • Click Start , then Run
  • Type notepad.exe in the Run Box.
2. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:
Code:
KillAll::

File::
c:\windows\system32\SVKP.sys
Driver::
SVKP

RegLock::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\Interface\{E3F2C3CB-5EB8-4A04-B22C-7E3B4B6AF30F}]

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Save the above as CFScript.txt

4. Physically disconnect from the internet.

5. Now STOP all your monitoring programs (Antivirus/Antispyware, Guards and Shields) as they could easily interfere with ComboFix.

6. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.

CFScript.gif

7. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next replyafter you re-enable all the programs that were disabled during the running of ComboFix:
  • Combofix.txt
Please take note:

CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

Attached are the following requested. As always, thank you for all your help and time ^_^

Attachments

• JavaRa 9-20.txt
    27.5 KB · Views: 2
  • ComboFix.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 1
So far it has been ok. I played some games online and no lagging or disconnects. The only time I seemed to run slow was when I had a web page open in the background. I was afraid to run Ventrilo along with it for fear of disconnect, but I will try this evening and see how the connection holds. I will also wait to see what happens when the other computer is on same time as mine and see if that is a factor as well.

I'll keep posted, thank you very much again =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back