Random internet disconnects

punkerex

Hello, I recently started having problems with my internet connection where I'll be online (game or random browsing) and I will randomly be disconnected. I am hardwired through a wireless router. The most I run at one time would be Ventrilo, website in background, and WoW and this has never happened before until a couple of days ago. I attempted to switch ports and still same results.

I thought maybe it was the NVidia nForce Networking Controller and the WoW support forums suggested I go in Device Manager > Advanced Tab > Checksum Offload - Disabled, Speed/duplex Setting - Force 100 Full Duplex --- It also recommended I turn off the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. I have done all this and to no avail. The NVidia nForce Networking Controller verison is 4.7.5.0. I am at a loss as to what to do from here on.

Let me know what information I can provide to help solve this.

Thank you!!!

p.s. - This took me 10 minutes to write while I was dropped here and there randomly.... the irony...

Easiest thing to do is try being connected directly to the modem (bypass the router) or get another router and see if the same thing happens. I had this issue about a year ago, replaced my router and it's been solid since then.

I would try that, but their is another computer hooked up to the same router and it has no problems. We came to the conclusion it was definitely not the router.

Still don't think it would be the router. The other comp is running fine. I did just find out the my System Idle process is running at 99. CPU Usage would spike and my connection then drops. Not sure if this info helps.

Back