Random keys not typing when pressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuamays

when typing sometimes when i press a key it wont type. ive plugged in 2 different keyboards and the same thing still happens. at first i thought it was just terrible user error, but ive watchd myself type the keys and noticed that my key press wasnt registering. i noticed that it helps a lil to type slowly. (again its not just user error lol). i only have these typos when typing online.

i updated Acrobat reader, Java, and upgraded to ie9 platform. im still having a lil trouble with it, although it does seem to have improved a bit. i checked for updated drivers and i couldnt find anything.

need help troubleshooting this

thx

Sometimes, a thorough cleaning of socket and boards with a can of Dust Off or other treated canned air can resolve the problem...
Try a very simple keyboard from any source that you know is working well... Keep a record of the keys that work improperly.

k. guess it was a liitle dirty under the keys. now im experiencing some really bad keyboard lag. Im using the not so beloved Razer Lycosa (many, many things are at fault with this particular keyboard). Now when i type its awhile for the letters to catch up to me. How do i troubleshoot this? I cant find anything on the net.

If this is a desktop computer (well, even if a laptop computer) the easiest fix is to change keyboards... We have seen such enormous numbers of defective keyboards in the past 18 months... particularly the USB keyboards, that is is best to test your system with a keyboard known to be good...

But also, it can be helpful to blow out the socket with a quick blast of difluoroethane gas (Dust Off, or equivalent)... but use a can of treated cleaner... compressed air that has not been treated, can sometimes result in severe damage from static electricity generated when air is compressed.

Please get back to us when you are finally satisfied that your system is working properly... This is one of those Glitch areas which are laughed off, but are too often seriously difficult to correct.

took me awhile to find a fix, but i got one. i ended up having to use Microsofts 6.1.7600.16385 keyboard driver. Havent found a lycosa driver that works w/o problems for win 7 ultimate 64bit yet. Havent tried to back date all of the previous Lycosa Razor keyboard drivers yet to test them.

Just so everyone knows this keyboard is a PITA. On the bright its working perfectly now though. I am so awesome ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back