TechSpot

Random lag spikes only in Vista

By tonyv01
Mar 22, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Tech Spot,

I'm having this problem with vista 64 bit when I play games. Its mainly noticeable in FPS games like CSS/COD4. Basically when I'm playing, every now and then (maybe every 3-5mins~) my game freezes for only a milli second then goes back to normal. I've tried 3-5 different drivers, new motherboard, 3 different graphics cards and no avail. I even tried it with only drivers installed and CSS, same thing. I got sick of it and went back to Windows XP and the issue was fixed. I do really want to use Vista, I like the feel and look of it.

Anyone got ideas of what is the problem?

Thanks.
  2. FoReWoRd

FoReWoRd TS Rookie Posts: 238

internet lag or freezing?
  3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Just Vista being Vista... try 7 if you like all those flashy desktop effects. XP is better for playing COD4 and CSS anyways. Not worth the effort of trying to debug stuff in Vista; trust me, it's a battle that cannot be won.
  4. tonyv01

tonyv01 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Freezing. Only for a milli second, never happens in XP.

Yea I guess Ill have to wait for that :p
  5. tonyv01

tonyv01 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Sorry to bump this but I tried Windows 7 and still having the same issue. Anyone other suggestions?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.