Western Digital 80GB
    Maxtor 160GB
    500W PSU
    Windows XP SP2

CPU Fan
    Front Fan
    Back Fan

My Problem:
    For the last few weeks my computer suffers from Random Lock-ups.
    I have made the following test:
    1. Memtest-more than 3 passes.
    2. HD Tests with the manufactor's diagnostic utilities: Data Lifeguard and Seatools.
    3. I have tested the computer with only a single Memory chip at a time(3 Mem Chips), but the lockups still happen
    4. I have made full formats on both hard drives and made a clean install of XP SP2
    5. I have used Passmark BurnInTest, and couldn't finish the tests due to lockups.
    6. I have opened the case in order to put a real Fan(big one) outside the case.

I am currently out of Ideas what can be the problem: Heat Related, PSU, CPU, Motherboard or something else.
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

are you getting BDODs?

Check your minidumps with M$ minidump checker.
  3. bar.eitan

bar.eitan TS Rookie Topic Starter

No, I don't recieve BSODs.

When a random lockup happens the display freezes(you can see the last display), the sound freezes(you hear: trtrtrtrt ), the keyboard and mouse don't respond, Ctrl+alt+delete doesn't work, I can hear that the Hard Drive operation stops....

It happens completely in random operations and with different programs, it even happens when the computer is idle.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.