Random loss of TV signal but signal is strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexisbatman

Custom Build MSI GVM9 Board.

Cinergy 2400i Digital Tuner (DVB-T) PCIe1 (Driver version 1.1.0.284)

Geforce 9400GT PCIe16 graphics card (latest Nividia Driver)

I have been running Windows 7 beta RC 7100 for some months as a trial for my HTPC and it has been working superbly to record DVB-T TV('Freeview' TV in the UK) over the last 5 months. It has worked really well.

That is until last weekend when the tuner last the TV signal and rescanning found no channels at all. The TV signal has been fine up to this point and the cables are good and recieving a signal because I can plug them into my sony TV and get a stable picture. If I plug the same cable into the TV tuner card and try to scan for channels I get nothing. It says WMC cant detect my TV signal configuration, asks me to do it manually and then i scan for chanels and it finds none.

I have a backup of the drive image from 2 months ago when the signawas good so I ran this restore and still had the same problem.

I purchase a geniune copy of Windows 7 Pro (I have to unpgrade before March 2010) and installed it on the HTPC yesterday. The same problem is experienced. I have the lastest drivers for the graphic card and TV card.

I also tried cinergy's own TV viewing app. This program was also unable to find channels when scanned.

Given the tv signal strength is good I am entirely at a lost as to why it wont receive a signal / find channels successfully. It worked fine before and randomly stopped. I suppose I could try and different TV card and see if i have more luck.

Ideas?

If the Cinergy doesn't work properly after disabling and reinstalling the driver, you likely have a hard ware problem with the Cinergy. What you report is a problem often seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back