Random no signals, restarts and BIOS problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwolfhull214

Hey, ever since i got a new tower completely. iv experienced bsod in windows 7, i later found out my drivers arent compatible with 7 ( ATI Radeon x1950... ) it has been put into a legacy driver on the site.

After coming to xp iv had no bsod but i have had random "no signals" and some BIOS problems with "Scanning BIOS image on hard drive..." and it does nothing after it freezes to this screen. iv flashed the bios to its current version and even tried the new beta drivers and that didnt fix it. anything graphically intense will cause it to also crash and restart. i have windows debugger and can supply my latest crash dump and keep you updated with more. it says it could be a driver issue related to my graphics card but iv updated to the latest and even tried some custom drivers and that has not worked either.

i really hope SOMEONE can help me because iv tried everything ;_ ; ...

thanks in advance guys, iv seen you help some other guys out and thaught you were the best site iv seen so far!

Some specifications;

Ati Radeon x1950
Intel pentium dual 2GHz
4GB DDR2 Ram
GA-965GM-S2 Gigabyte motherboard

debugging details:

DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (c5)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is
caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. Run the driver
verifier against any new (or suspect) drivers, and if that doesn't turn up
the culprit, then use gflags to enable special pool.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 8054b168, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xC5_2

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+162
8054b168 893b mov dword ptr [ebx],edi

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 2

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 8054b75f to 8054b168

STACK_TEXT:

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+162
8054b168 893b mov dword ptr [ebx],edi

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!ExDeferredFreePool+162

FOLLOWUP_NAME: Pool_corruption

IMAGE_NAME: Pool_Corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MODULE_NAME: Pool_Corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xC5_2_nt!ExDeferredFreePool+162

BUCKET_ID: 0xC5_2_nt!ExDeferredFreePool+162

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

If you can...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

The probable cause has been cited as the Windows OS driver classpnp.sys. Now normally these OS drivers are usually too general to be of much help.

But in your case there might be an exception. This driver acts as an interface/transference between hardware such as harddrives and Windows. The dump stated that this OS driver was preventing the Avast drivers aswMon2.sys and aswSP.sys from loading.

You can try the following:

1. Update your Avast or uninstall and reinstall Avast.

2. Run a harddrive diagnostics.

i have just uninstalled Avast cause it was already on the latest verson. by the harddrive diagnostic tool. what do you mean? a windows based one like Diskchk or something downloadable as a tool? thanks alot for the reply. i never thaught i would xD

Reinstall Avast.

Go ahead and run ChkDsk.

Find the make of your harddrive. Go to the manufacture's webste and find and download their free harddrive diagnostics utility and burn it to a CD. Make sure you run both short and long tests.

i ran the chkdsk from inside windows and on restart just to make sure. Inside of windows it said that i had errors but it couldnt fix because i hadnt specified the "/f" cause i didnt want it to be a restart chkdsk but it listed some stuff which after the restartable chkdsk it didnt show again so that must have fixed the errors.

from out of windows it finished fine and restarted me back to my user as it would anytime. didnt seem to SHOW that it found any problems.

Ill run a few games now, see if i still crash as before. thanks :)

here is my chkdks in windows if you need it;

C:\Documents and Settings\Adam>chkdsk
The type of the file system is NTFS.

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
File verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
Index verification completed.
CHKDSK is recovering lost files.
CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)...
Security descriptor verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the
master file table (MFT) bitmap.
Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.
Windows found problems with the file system.
Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.

82025968 KB total disk space.
55223776 KB in 56808 files.
21020 KB in 9733 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
227688 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
26553484 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
20506492 total allocation units on disk.
6638371 allocation units available on disk.

If you have been prompted to run ChkDsk / f it might be a good idea to do so. Keep in mind you'll have to reboot in order for Windows to run it.

lol yea already said, i tried the windows reboot one 2 times and i tried it within windows 2 times and removed Avast* yet i still crash. It didnt record any logs this time so i dont have anything new to show you. probably because it was just a "no signal" crash. hmm... im actually confused as to what it is. Motherboard, Graphics card or Hard Drive, and i really cant afford to get a new of all 3... =[ iv ran memcheck on RAM and tested my CPU, flashed the bios and so im defo thinking its between graphics and hard drive errors.

but im not so good at reading error codes so i guess thats why im kinda helpless on my own lol

Heres another dump file I found. wasnt there before lol. I debugged it and it had troubles but should be fine =]

Attachments

• Mini071310-01.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 1
Reading error codes comes with practice. I started here a little less than four years ago because someone was kind enough to read a blue screen for me when I was clueless as to why I was crashing after a brand new build that was BSODing on me repeatedly for 4 months. Came to find out it was my Sunbelt firewall and no amount of their newer versions would work.

Anyway, I suggest you run a harddrive diagnostics. Find the make of your harddrive. Go to the manufacture's webste and find and download their free harddrive diagnostics utility and burn it to a CD. Make sure you run both short and long tests.

ok lol, it wouldnt install at first, its doing the short now. ill update you when both are done ^^ thanks dude. also, cool. i might have to learn it sometime, saves alot of trouble but your being alot of help :p

I just had a crash, the "scanning bios image on hard drive..." one, but it created a dump file so... here ya go lol, the short scan finished no errors, having to redo the second long scan :p

Attachments

• Mini071310-02.dmp
The dump cited your Real Tek High Definition Audio driver RtkHDAud.sys as the problem.

If this is a system built by the likes of Dell, HP, etc. go to their website, find your exact system model, and update the audio drivers from there.

If you built then go to your motherboard's website, find your motherboard, and update from there.

* I'm still concerned about your harddrive.

iv had a lil trouble with it on this new mobo for a while, to get it working i had to force boot it by using jumpers... so i might try getting a new one asap... im concerned also o_o

its custom built, yes. but i can uninstall that Real Tek cause its my onboard sound and i have my sound card behind me. ill slot that in a nd uninstasll the realtek. see if it improves at all, i doubt it though cause i think iv had them even with sound card in.

by the way, the long test finished with all passes..

Hmmm, I'm wondering if the issue is either with the onboard controllers or the SATA cable itself for the harddrive. We've been seeing a lot of problems here lately concerning SATA cables.

Catch.. lol, 2 more crash dumps... got my own lil collection here

Attachments

• Mini071410-01.dmp
  • Mini071510-01.dmp
Okay, I think we might have something definitive to work with. The first error is 0xD1 and these are usually dy drivers but can also be caused by faulty or mismatched memory. It only cited a Windows OS driver.

The second error is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

This minidump specificaqlly cited memory corruption as your issue and corrupted memory will cause a system to throw out a number of error codes as well as differing causes but the bottom line is bad RAM. So you will need to run Memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

yes, iv ran memtest before, they are all matching ram. ddr2 which my mobo supports, i also ran each stick individually and tested the slots.. they all worked fine.. i arent sure about the 7 passes, would take some time but ill do it again tomorrow/day after =) the ram i have is
DDR 1GB Patriot, i have 4 sticks taking up all 4 slots. lol

sorry for my slow reply, i didnt realise we had rolled onto a page 2 so i thaught i was just being ignored or something >_<, sorry =]

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Also, refresh our memory, what OS are you running? What make is your motherboard?

Have you run a harddrive diagnostics?

My voltage should be 2.1V
motherboard: gigabyte GA-965GM-S2
and yes i have, long and short.

all this info was earlier in this thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back