TechSpot

Random pop-ups (sagipsul)

By xydas7
Dec 28, 2008
  1. Hi,

I'm getting random pop-ups when I open Firefox, mainly from a website called "sagipsul.com".

I've tried getting rid of it with Malwarebytes but it's still there. Usually 4 or 5 windows will pop-up but I can't see them (I only see the current Firefox window resizing). However when I alt-tab I can see the 4-5 pop-ups, but can't close them.

I've attached the HJT log.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Attached Files:

• log.log
      File size:
      13.2 KB
      Views:
  2. xydas7

xydas7 TS Rookie Topic Starter

bump! :p anyone know a sollution

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Please follow the Steps here. When finished attach all three logs:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

A note: You have an incredibly long list of startups. These logs require more review time so be patient.

4. xydas7

here are the three logs from scans as instructed. Thanks in advance for your time!

5. Bobbye

You have run an outdated version of HijackThis. Please use this version to run. Attach log. This is the version that is in Step 7:

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/317-hijackthis.html

We will remove entries from that scan.

You have too many processes running and a large number of Services running. We will try to get those both down to a more reasonable number.. I would be interested to know if you are using Vaio Entertainment package that cam with the system

6. xydas7

new log attached and btw I have never used the Vaio Entertainment package. thanks once again for the amazing work you do!

7. Bobbye

Okay, lets take care of the bad stuff first:
    Please re-open HiJackThis and scan.Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.
    The above are Vundo entries.
    Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis and reboot into Safe Mode:

Right click on Start> Explore>Windows> System32> right click> delete on each of the following if found:
    Reboot into Normal Mode

Run the Vundo Fix:
    The WinFixer and Vundo infection should now be removed from your computer.
    [/quote]
    Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.
    In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when VundoFix appears at reboot[/quote]

Please attach the C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log.

We'll review, remove or disable some of the Vaio Entertainment entries when Vundo is out.

8. xydas7

here are the two final txt files...just a pointer that vyndo fix did not find any infections and therefore didnt delete anything...is that ok?

thanks in advance and happy new year to everyone!

9. Bobbye

Okay, the log is clean. I suspect you may be running bit slow though due to all the processes you have loading on boot.

If the original problem has been resolved and there are no additional problems, we can remove the cleaning tools:
    Clear your existing System Restore points and establish a new clean restore point:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.