Random Restars- Keeps Crashing Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirus69

I recently bought a new computer..
HP Athlon 64 x2 4200+
2 GB RAM (1 gb per stick)
300GB Seagate HD
Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE with most recent driver from Nvidia website.
Running Windows Media Center Version 2002 SP 2

This computer was working great for about one month... recently it has been randomly crashing and it has been happening very frequently now.

The first one I noticed said "Problem caused by file NTFS.SYS PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

The second error was a stop 0x00000050

The third was Stop: 0x0000004E

I don't know how to read minidumps yet but I have attached mine if someone could please take a look and let me know what to look into that would be great. I'm hoping to get this fixed ASAP but if it is hardware issues then I need to send this back within the next 30 days.

Note: I updated the video driver after one crash when i read on these forums that it could possibly be the problem. My crashes have all different error messages so far so this has not fixed the problems.

Also I recently did scandisk and defragment and it has not helped.. defrag almost seemed to make this worse.

Thanks for the help! I truly appreciate this.

New error just occured.... Memory_Management

Stop 0x0000001A

It is so frustrating trying to work like this. Any one else have all these different problems? This is rediculous.

First Minidump - NDIS.sys; invalid system memory

Second - ntkrpamp.exe

Third - Ntfs.sys

Fourth - klif.sys - this is a Kapersky driver and it is connected with Pool Courruption which means it is overwriting. Google klif.sys and you'll see what I mean. Are you using Kaspersky?

Fifth - bb-run.sys - sorry but I don't have a clue; someone much smarter than mme should be able to tell you.

Sixth - Memory Corruption

I would do two things: 1) Harddrive diagnostics test; Seagate has a free online diagnostics and do the S.M.A.R.T. test first and then the more indepth one; walk away and do something else because this will take some time and 2) a MemTest86+ for your memory;do at least 10 passes; we're checking to see if you have faulty RAM. Start it at 9:00 p.m., walk away and when you wake up in the morning check to see if you have any errors.

If it is your memory there is little wonder why you have so many kinds of dumps. Faulty Memory will wreck havoc.

By the way, what make is your RAM?

Thank you very much for the reply.

Yes I am running kaspersky. I pulled out my ram and I can not remember the manufacturer now but it was pc2-4200 DDR SDRAM. I ran a memory test and almost instantly it says failed. It fails every test after the first pass alone. I'll run it again like you said just to be sure.... I also stuck the ram into two different connections on the motherboard to see if possibly the connection was bad but it won't even start up if i remove it from it's original spot.

I will run the test on the HD when I am home from work and let you know. Sounds like I'll be returning this machine or else replacing the ram and try to get reimbursed for it.

Take care.

Ah, good, you determined it was your memory! Nothing like finding the problem. As I said, faulty memory will wreck havoc. I suggest that instead of returning the whole system just get new RAM.

I'd still like to know the RAM make if you ever find out.

So if i swap out the ram with what should be good ram this should fix all of those problems? I won't have to re-install windows or anything like that? I am just concerned about damaged files after this.

Simply replacing the RAM would be better than sending the whole thing back. I'm hoping there are no other hardware failures.

By the way the RAM was Hynix Korea 04 1GB 2Rx8 PC2-4200. That's what was printed on the stick itself.

Thanks again for everything.

I your computer a Socket 939 build or an AM2 build? Did you build it or purchase it (HP = Hewlett Packer?)? What motherboard do you have? By the way, I never heard of that RAM before. Of course, it depends on where you live in the world.

You should be okay with just putting in two good sticks of RAM. Even if you find you need to do something else, regardless, MemTest is showing very bad RAM and that has got to be exchanged.

Send us those computer specs.

I have the Asus A8M2N-LA Motherboard. I looked it up and its a AM2 build. HP is for Hewlett Packard. I bought it already made nothing on it is custom.

I took out one stick of ram and it seemed to help but not anymore i keep getting errors. now a stop 0x0000008E and the mem test still says it fails after every test. So it loks like both sticks of RAM definately are not working properly. By the way the hynix ram i have has a website at http://www.hynix.com/eng/ if you want to check it out. Oh and I am in Canada.. I don't think our products would be any different than what would be used in the U.S. but i have never heard of this ram before either.

Yeah, it looks like two sticks of bad RAM. Did you attempt to exchange and test these sticks in other slots?

Also, if this PC is still under warrenty they owe you new RAM. Can you give us the Minidumps from your last crashes?

Yeah I tried the ram in other slots. when i do that the computer won't even start up so i think there has to be at least one stick of ram in the first two slots. the first two are blue and the other two are black.

Today I kept getting crashes before windows even started so i had to actually switch the ram to start up. Even though I have had a few new crashes there are no new minidumps in the folder. Nothing else left to try except to switch out the ram I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back