Random Restarts after PSU blew up (Now no signal to monitor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Recently, my EZCOOL 750W PSU went whilst i was watching a movie on my PC, specs are below: -

1 x Sapphire ATI X1950 PCI-E
1 x Coolermaster CM690 Dominator Black Mid Tower Case
1 x Arctic Cooling (AC-FRZ-64P) Freezer64 Pro Socket 754 939 940 CPU Cooler
1 x OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 CL 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM XTC with LIFETIME WARRANTY
1 x Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 Socket AM2 Nvidia MCP55P PCI-E 8 Channel audio ATX Motherboard
1 x AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Socket AM2 (2.8GHz) L2 Cache 2MB (2x1MB) OEM Processor
1 x Extra Value Gold 750W Silent PSU - 12cm Fan, 20+4pin, 2x SATA, 1x PCI-E

The new PSU has the following specs: -

+3.3V = 30A
+5V = 30A
+12V = 35A
-12V = 0.5A
+5VSB = 3A

Just had a random restart (had a couple since the new PSU was put in last week), last time the monitor came back on fine. On this occasion, the monitor cannot detect a signal. I have removed each stick of ram in turn and tried them in all 4 sockets available on the motherboard, still no signal being passed to the monitor. Everything seems to boot up ok (all fans, CD drives etc) but nothing from the monitor still. I've unplugged the SATA cables from all three HDD's i have and tried again, still the same. Does anyone think this is a loose card/memory/psu problem or possibly the motherboard was damaged in some way by the PSU blow from two weeks ago. Really at a loss at what to do now, especially without a barebones system to try parts in and out.

Your help is much appreciated, thank you!

I think there is a good chance that when the PSU blew it took something else with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back