Random restarts, what could be the cause?

Hi. I have a problem with my PC, as its randomly restarting, and the bad thing is every more often.

About PC: There is nothing overclocked, everything at default, its clean meaning no dust, temperatures normal(no temperature exceeding 40 celsius), freshly installed windows xp a week ago, hard drive low-level formatted before that. Anyway, on the PC im using 90% portable apps, so almost nothing is actually installed there, except drivers, antivirus and 1-2 apps that cant be made portable.

Here is my pics from Windows Windbg program and Nirsoft.com BlueScreenView

h.ttp://s13.postimage.org/yxtbw4gjr/sshot_2.jpg

h.ttp://s18.postimage.org/czmaoqnfd/sshot_1.jpg

E: Sorry, cant post pics directly, forum rules. Just remove dot from "h.ttp".

There is a dump file also included in attachment. I hope someone can tell me, what is causing those restarts, because I try to keep PC clean and everything, and then this happens.

Also, I checked with memtest+, so ram should not be a problem.

Thanks for any reply, I hope. HELP.

Attachments

• Mini040812-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
"I have a problem with my PC, as its randomly restarting"...

From what you have done so far, can you try another power supply? What are your complete system specs?

Dont have any spare power supply, so i cant try it really.

Complete specs are:
Windows XP SP3
AMD Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
768MB ram
Radeon 9250 128mb
Maxtor HDD

I know, its an ancient PC, but if i need a server, its very usable, besides those restarts, it runs great, so i need to know what is causing it, what driver(although dump file says ntoskrnl.exe)

Pls help me.

The minidump only suggests a general Windows instability. Because of the symptom and the computers age, I know that you MUST try another power supply, to fix this problem. Take the computer to a friend or to a computer shop and tell them what I am telling you

Maybe you are right sir.

Look at the Speedfan picture, what does it tell you??
Link: h.ttp://s15.postimage.org/nc7cna8qj/sshot_1.jpg "remove dot from http"

Thank you.

Sir, the speedfan program says the following about voltages on my PC:

VCORE: 1,62V
+3,3V = 3,26V
+5V = 4,92V
+12V = 11,67V
-12V = 0,88V
-5V = 1,99V
+5VSB = 5,38V
VBAT = 0,00V

So, are those voltages correct?? Im curious about -12 and -5 voltage..

e: See the attachments for the picture otherwise.

Attachments

• sshot-1.jpg
    sshot-1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1
The -12 and -5 volts are not used so don't worry about these, but speedfan is showing some critical voltages low. What does this mean? REPLACE THE POWER SUPPLY!

Back