TechSpot

Random shut downs

By 8eios
Dec 24, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone! I got a small problem and any help would be highly appreciated. The problem is that my pc does random shut downs. Actually i get a blank black screens (not a BSOD). My psu however keeps working. After reboot i get a message "your computer has recovered from a serious error"). Hereby i attach the minidump files. Thanx very much in advance!!!

2. gillianbrown

gillianbrown Banned Posts: 141

All your minidumps crash at your graphics drivers nv4_disp.dll and have a bugcheck of EA.
    As you can see from the above, this is probably a driver problem or possibly a hardware problem with the graphics card itself.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics card drivers, making sure you have the latest release available for your particular card.

3. 8eios

8eios TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 60

Thanx very much. Actually today i first played red alert 3 (an EA game). I hope they have fixed this bug in the new drivers :p

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.