Random shut offs no warnings, then BSOD

So I've recently built a new computer not to long ago.

Everything was working fine for like a month and a half, absolutely no problem whatsoever. Then just recently my computer just shuts off, no warning at all. the process of it shutting starts with a black screen for probably a few seconds then afterwards it'll get a BSOD with STOP: 0x0000007E, and had to be shut off manually. At first I thought my computer was overheating, but when i checked Fanspeed and PC Wizard it was only at 32-33 degrees C. Then I checked my power supply if it fried, but it didn't seemed to be working fine considering it's still new, and i clean my case out every 2 weeks. All the fans are also working properly. Nothing is wrong with the hard drive either, I've tested it with another computer. (same goes for the RAM)
On the blue screen i get a
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer....

STOP: 0x0000007E ..."
Then I would try to restart after like a 10-20min rest then it would shut off again. sometimes it'll last for 10-20mins and sometimes it'll last for 2-4 hours. I'm not sure what's wrong.

Computer specs
Motherboard - Asus M4A78L-M
CPU - AMD Athlon II X2 250 Dual Core 3.0 GHz
Memory - 4GB DDR2
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit
PSU - RaidMax RX 730SS ATX Power Supply (Hybrid Series)
Graphics Card - HIS Radeon HD 5670 IceQ 512MB Dedicated GDDR5
Case - Rosewill Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Case (R218-P-BX)

Welcome!

Could you please upload some info for us? At the very least, we need the memory dumps.
JK said:
Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and copy all of the dmp files to the desktop. Select all>right-click on one>Send to>New Compressed folder. Then attach the zip file to your next post by use of the paperclip icon in the advanced editor.

I, and several others, prefer to work with a full BSOD report though. If you wouldn't mind, could you follow these directions instead?

http://www.jcgriff2.com/BSODpostinstructions.html

That collects event logs, Windows Error Reporting, driver listings, system info, and other info, as well as the minidumps. So if you choose to use this, don't bother uploading dumps.

Zip up the output folder the jcgriff2 scripts create, and upload it to Rapidshare or a similar site.

Back