Random shutoffs with new pc (Im in dire need of assistance)

By Ktech702
Dec 14, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello all! No reason for joy here :( I recently upgraded my pc to A amd daul core 5200 processor, an XFX 8800gts, 2 gigs of ddr2 ram, a new cd drive, and An Asus m2n-sli deluxe edition mobo. When ever I am gaming I get a cpu temp of around 32c graphics card is around 51-55c. My computer just randomly shuts off. The tech dudes upgraded my Bios/flashed it, reinstalled vista, adjusted memory timings, and more. Nothing was solved. I even updated all of my drivers. Any idea? Caouse im about to go insane... Im addicted to this thing and i might start going through withdrawls!
  2. locknl0ck

locknl0ck Newcomer, in training

well.first install a hardware monitoring software,to monitor the voltages and the temperatures in ur system.it is possible that the power supply,unable to provide the necessary power draw for a long period of time is simply overheating and shutting down.

when gaming,monitor the cputemp,gpu temp,voltages(+5,-5,+12,-12V) and also fan rpm.see if theres any relation between any of the above and the sys shutting down.
    example-the cpu temperature increases to 60c and sys shuts down,etc.

if the above dosent help,run a ram diagnostic like memtest86+,also get ATITOOL,stress ur graphics card for a few hours,see if there are any errors.get prime95,stress ur cpu again for a few hours.this might be useful to isolate the problem to a single component.
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

yeah, your PSU is probably underpowered.

also check your cooling.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.