Random shutoffs with new pc (Im in dire need of assistance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all! No reason for joy here :( I recently upgraded my pc to A amd daul core 5200 processor, an XFX 8800gts, 2 gigs of ddr2 ram, a new cd drive, and An Asus m2n-sli deluxe edition mobo. When ever I am gaming I get a cpu temp of around 32c graphics card is around 51-55c. My computer just randomly shuts off. The tech dudes upgraded my Bios/flashed it, reinstalled vista, adjusted memory timings, and more. Nothing was solved. I even updated all of my drivers. Any idea? Caouse im about to go insane... Im addicted to this thing and i might start going through withdrawls!

well.first install a hardware monitoring software,to monitor the voltages and the temperatures in ur system.it is possible that the power supply,unable to provide the necessary power draw for a long period of time is simply overheating and shutting down.

when gaming,monitor the cputemp,gpu temp,voltages(+5,-5,+12,-12V) and also fan rpm.see if theres any relation between any of the above and the sys shutting down.
example-the cpu temperature increases to 60c and sys shuts down,etc.

if the above dosent help,run a ram diagnostic like memtest86+,also get ATITOOL,stress ur graphics card for a few hours,see if there are any errors.get prime95,stress ur cpu again for a few hours.this might be useful to isolate the problem to a single component.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back