Random shutting down of PC due to partitioned drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ostilad

"BOW"
great sensais i have a problem wit my partioned drive which i created a drive "D" with Partion Magic 8.it;s 10 GB in size while the remaining "C" drive IS 70GB.It(d drive) is causing Windows to do a disk check on rebooting but gets stuck at one point.i have reformatted the D drive before this from NTFS to FAT32 because i was unable to read data stored on this drive and Windows had failed to reformat it in the NFTS format.what should i do to get rid of the problems this partion drive is giving me?the computer is now shuttting down even when transfering data from the same D drive to a portable storage item.i wait for u'r answer wit great anticipation."BOW":confused:

Go back to NTFS, and be sure that your partition has at least 25% free space.
What I would do with what you have described is to reinstall Windows.

"BOW"
sensais,The error blue screen popping on my screenwhen a random shut down occurs is as follows:
“A problem has been detected and Windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

If this is the first time you’ve seen this screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow the following steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software, disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer. Press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

***STOP:0×0000007A(0×E1A20804,0×C000000E,0×BF985C66,0×0DA6E860)***wm32.k.sys-address BF985C66base at BF800000 date stamp 41107f7a beginning dump of physical memory.”

This is the error screen and I have not added any new progs or hardware. The last prog I added is IOLO system mechanic7.1.10. b4 this random shut down starting occurring.wat should I do and if I change the BIOS shadowing and caching will this problem stop?

P.S: i have failed to format the D DRIVE back to NFTS coz windows is failing to format it in that form,it can only format it in the FAT32 form.

"BOW"
sensais,The error blue screen popping on my screenwhen a random shut down occurs is as follows:
“A problem has been detected and Windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

If this is the first time you’ve seen this screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow the following steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software, disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer. Press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

***STOP:0×0000007A(0×E1A20804,0×C000000E,0×BF985C66,0×0DA6E860)***wm32.k.sys-address BF985C66base at BF800000 date stamp 41107f7a beginning dump of physical memory.”

This is the error screen and I have not added any new progs or hardware. The last prog I added is IOLO system mechanic7.1.10. b4 this random shut down starting occurring.wat should I do and if I change the BIOS shadowing and caching will this problem stop?

P.S: i have failed to format the D DRIVE back to NFTS coz windows is failing to format it in that form,it can only format it in the FAT32 form.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back