Random Slowdown in games, huge FPS drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultiweap

Hey all.
Perhaps one of you will be able to help.

Here are the specs of my notebook, which is an Acer Aspire 6920G :
Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 (2.10Ghz)
2Gb RAM
Nvidia 9500M GS
320 HDD with an external drive which can contain up to 1TB (but i don't think this one is relevant to the problem)
and hum...oh yeah, i'm running Windows Vista 32bit (a modified version)

So, here is my problem. I'm what one could call a gamer, and there's some months now, I had slowdown problems in some graphic intensive games. They happened at random while I waqs playing : my FPS would drop from let's say 30 to 9, which made the game unplayable. I then realized that the problem was caused by my graphic card downclocking itself because of overheating i think. I managed to solve this problem.
Now another problem similar to this one emerged. While I'm playing, sometimes, the performance would be greatly reduced but this time, the graphic card isn't downclocking itself so I wonder what's causing the problem. I must restart my PC to be able to game normally after a slowdown, or another solution that I found was to minimize the game for a while or exit the application and then, when I try to game again, it works perfectly.

Can you increase your total RAM from 2GB? Check your Windows startup programs, and limit them as much as you can while playing games. Have you installed any new Antivirus or other malware programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back