Random sound virus on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi-So I have a Dell Inspiron 1420 with Vista. A few days ago, strange sounds with like bleach commercials, some clicking noises and other things started randomly, well, sounding. I ran all the before scans and now it seems to be gone, but just in case, I would like my logs checked, because even though it has not been making sounds for about a day, as much as I'd like to believe it's gone, it would be great if it could be inspected. Thanks so much!

Run combofix ;)

Please download Combofix:
http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe
And save to the desktop.

Close all other browser windows.

Double-click on the combofix icon found on your desktop.

Please note, that once you start combofix you should not click anywhere on the combofix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when combofix is running, do not touch your computer at all and just take a break as it may take a while for it to complete.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post.

Looks like combofix have removed - C:\Windows\msg.exe.

Please attach new hijackthis log, and tell how things are running now ?

It is running wonderfully. The internet had slowed down and now it is running normally again. Haven't heard any weird sounds since I did all those scans.

Great :)

Click START then RUN
Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
When shown the disclaimer, Select "2"
The above procedure will:
Delete the following:
ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
Reset the clock settings.
Hide file extensions, if required.
Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
Set a new, clean Restore Point.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet, please read Tony Klein´s guide:
http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=60955

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back