TechSpot

Random Switch Off's and High Ping

By bevzz
Feb 10, 2010
  1. hi , i have had this custom built PC for a few months now, i recently upgraded to 64 bit windows 7 to accompany my 6gb of ram, however a few days later my computer was randomly restarting , particulary when i have games loaded up. I checked the whole computer for over heating and the only piece i found was hot was the network controll chipset, everything else was not hot whatsoever, after searching windows update i found a driver update for the chipset and i installed it which stopped the random shutdowns , however i now experience really high ping spikes for a minute or so and my wireless adaptor for my mode m no longer seems to process the internet connection so i have to connect the modem straight into the computer to get any internet. PLease help me out here , i also checked core temperatures on the bios at loadup and they were perfectly fine.

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,446   +324

you need to verify that the games are 64bit compatible ---

3. bevzz

bevzz TS Rookie Topic Starter

this game would be counter - strike source and world of warcraft , and i know many other people who play these games on 64 bit , its just spikes i get every few mins.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.