Random URLs not loading successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallie_s

Hi Folks,
Haven't been around in a bit .... things just seem to be too busy. Great to drop in again and catch up.

Anyway, here's the latest problem. Friend;s PC....Windows XP Media edition.
System seems to be ok in most areas. Cleared up a couple of virus and a few bits of spyware. She had let her antivirus run out. Installed NOD32 and cleared up the virus and things seem great. Exceot..
Cannot get to yahoo or facebook. Seems to be loading but takes forever and it never comes up. I'm sure there are probably others that will not load but I haven't found them. Most pages come up right away.
However if I put Yahoo as my start page it comes up right away when I open IE. Can go to google but if I search I never get the results.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled IE7.

I would appreciate any ideas. Thank you for now.

Wallie

a few things to try doing:
  • Install/run CCleaner to clean up both cache and other junk files no longer needed. You might want to go through its options first and decide if you might want it NOT erase all cookies, for example.
  • Make sure you're running the most recent Java. Download here.. Also, go to Add/Remove Programs and remove all prior versions of Java
  • Make sure you have the most recent flash player installed as well

Thanks LookinAround.

I've already cleaned up temp files, cache, cookies and history files. I will try the Java and flash ideas though.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Wallie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back