Random XP restarts - 0x10000050 (0xe3ce4000, 0x00000001, 0xbd0133cc, 0x00000001)

theothered

Sorry if I've posted this twice, I added it to an old post I had but I don't know if that's "closed" or not so I started a new one.

The zip file attached has the minidump included with the event log. Thanks in advance for any help available here!

Attachments

• MiniDump.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 1
If you have PCanywhere installed, it could be the cause of this restart issue. Is XP fully updated to Service Pack 3 and way beyond?

Yes, pcAnywhere 10.5 is installed on this system and unfortunately because of an enormous amount of company systems in the field upgrading is not an option. The system is up to SP-3 and beyond, there are no available updates for it. Please see additional notes I posted in a previous post created on 5/17/11 for additional info regarding this issue.

And again... I thank you folks very much for your help deciphering these errors!

The minidump text file you posted in your other thread is not readable, have you noticed? 2 posts on the same issue does confuse things. There are other ways you can get around from using PC Anywhere. You will need to upgrade from Windows XP soon enough

Without going into great detail, I'm a hardware/software support technician for systems being used by our office personnell only. I am, however, responsible for providing the technicians that support close to a thousand stores scattered all over the country with equipment that's capable of communicating with these stores, and they are the ones that use pcAnywhere for support at the store level. With close to 3 thousand systems out in the stores, upgrading anything isn't a simple task. That division of the company (POS) is a seperate entity from the one I work in, but I am required to provide these folks with equipment that's capable of doing what they need to do. How they tackle the end of life cycle for XP is not my concern, we're stumbling along that project in our department at the moment also. And no, I wasn't aware of the other dump file not being readable as they're all unreadable to me. I did apologize for "double-posting"... being a very occasional visitor here I wasn't sure if what I added to the old post would even be seen.

Back to the problem at hand... do you have any suggestions as to why this particular system is giving this error and randomly restarting... and the other 16 systems that are basically identical are not?

How about doing a fresh Windows install on this troubled computer... Does this computer have an AMD/ATI card? Is the minidump posted here your latest? This also could also be a failing power supply issue

This is a fresh install, barely a month old. This system did have an ATI video card originally (the same card the other POS systems have) that was uninstalled along with all the hardware removed from Device manager 3 days ago. It now has an nVidia card installed. Attached zip file has 3 minidumps in it, the latest one's from this morning.

Attachments

• MMB997_Dump Files.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 1
Swapping memory from a known good ststem was the first thing I did. The memory from this system is running flawlessly in the system it's in now. However, after much "Googling" last night I ran across a few posts pointing to "awvid5.dll" possibly being corrupted. Bright & early this morning before the user arrived I deleted the file from his system and replaced it with one from another known good system. I just checked the event logs on this system and (so far) it hasn't restarted itself. I have my fingers crossed, I plan to monitor the logs frequently and if there are no more mystery restarts I guess I've found the problem and I will post back here. In the meantime, if you have any other suggestions I'd highly appreciate any input you could provide.

So much for that, it restarted itself during the night. Tmagic650... are there ANY other references to chase down besides awvid5.dll in the logs? Latest minidump attached.

Attachments

• Minidump_1-30-13.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 1
There not much more to do here. Awvid5.dll is still being flagged as the offending driver... You have swapped memory and have you tested the hard drive?

Thanks... when I've finished pulling the rest of the hair out of my head maybe it will be less dense and someting will pop into it. At any rate, when this finally gets resolved (and trust me - it will) I will post back here. I do appreciate all your help, and rest assured many - many others do also.

Nice cat by the way... it resembles one of my own with that "professional sleeper" face. All of my cats are black, but one of them can snooze anywhere and through anything. Even Pink Floyd cranked up to 7 with surround sound doesn't make her flinch.

It appears the problem has been resolved. I discovered many of the refurbished systems we recently purchased (this being one of them) have mis-matched memory in them. This one in particular had 3 like modules and 1 that was different. I swapped the oddball out on 2/1/13 and as of today it hasn't restarted itself once. My bad for not noticing this when I swapped the memory from another system at the beginning... as that one also had mis-matched modules. Running our diagnostics software on the systems produced a passing result for the RAM, but it doesn' t tell you they're not all the same modules. Hopefully this resolution may help anybody else that may encounter this issue but I doubt many folks are still using pcAnywhere 10.5.

Thanks for all your help... you folks are Awesome! By the way... we have a winter storm warning in effect here in the northeastern part of the US starting later today with anywhere's from 4 to 24 inches predicted (depending on your exact location). Sasha would have the time of her life... until her legs became too short :) My cats "think" they want to be out there... until they get out there. After a short time the 70 degree house with the comfy chairs or under the comforter on the bed becomes much more appealing.

Thanks for the update:) Some motherboards don't mind mismatched memory, and some do... When the snow gets deep Sasha hops like a rabbit though it, When the wind blows and it's around 0 or lower she prefers a comfy comforter too

Back