Rant against potatoes

Envergure

Hey, guys.

We had baked potatoes for dinner tonight. I hate potatoes! They're small and wrinkly and an ugly colour. And they're always served too hot and it burns off your taste buds. But I guess that's not all bad because they taste like eating dirt! Especially the skin. And, as if that's not enough, it's like starchy dirt! They only taste good like French fries, and when they're like that they make you fat! And eating them is about the worst possible use for them. They would make a great building material. And there's as much explosive power two average potatoes as a stick of dynamite! (If you can actually get it to explode.) And if that doesn't suit you, you can make them into paper, too.

Alright, I think that's about it. I tried to keep bolding to a minimum, but then it wouldn't have been a good rant.

If you're a potato and I hurt your feelings, watch this video. It's about potatoes too. (Actually potato peelers, so if you're a potato maybe you shouldn't watch it. And it's in French, so unless you're a French fry it might not make sense, but if you do speak French it's funny.)

You can tell I'm bored, can't you?

Please don't post any of your other rants, because I don't think I want to know... for instance, Women, Belgian Waffles, Nepalese backpacking food, Fresh cabbage, pinto beans, or pork bellies.

However

If you are ever stuck in a cold dark place with no food and a bag of potatoes for a week or so you will not starve. The potatoe has every suppliment that you need it them to survive. You could eat potatoes for the rest of your life and have every nutrient that you need.

Im not saying to try it, but thats what i heard :D

I think somebody was just trying out their first assignment in freshman english on us...

Envergure, did you want fries with that? Do you promise you don't have burgers and fries at MacDonalds? Those gigantic delicious fries at Kentucky Fried Chicken?
Then there are those wonderful French red potatoe salads made with wines and wine vinegars?
Who would wanna be half baked about such a wunnerful food?

I really don't know why I keep looking at this thread. This is the third time its made me hungry. Oh well food is one of my best friends anyway :).

I hate any potatoe that isn't fried in grease :D ! Why are the unhealthy foods the best tasting ones :( .

Live right. Eat right. Die anyway.
The numbers show that if all people who eat healthy were compared with all the people who don't give a damn, the healthy eaters would live, on average, 11 days longer.
Are you really willing to avoid french fries and fried potatoes just so you can be miserable for another 11 days?

The Lord does not subtract from our allotted time, the amount of time we spend eating potatoes.

Mostly, life lived longer without fried potatoes just seems like a lot longer time... as we are miserable and complaining.

Mashed potatos are good, toss on a tiny bit of salt, a lot of pepper, and also some peas and you've got a fine tasting side.

I like baked potatos a lot more than I used to, pretty much treat them just the same as mashed except without the peas and add butter instead. Sour cream isn't bad either, but putting butter and sour cream sort of negates anything healthy about them.

Name another food that you can slather in butter and then top with sour cream, bacon bits and chives and call it a 'side dish' to be eaten with any number of tasty fish, fowl or meat dishes.

:)

I think I'm the one person of mostly Irish Descent who finally breaks the stereotype of the Irish and Potatoes :D ! I only eat french fries, nothing else that has potatoe in it :unch: !

Of course, when the Irish learn how to make Irish Fries, instead of copying the French... and perhaps discover sour cream...

Okay, here goes: About five years ago I went on the Atkins diet and lost 80 pounds (yup, I was seriously overweight back then). Since that time, I have religiously avoided carbs to the extent that I have not eaten a potato, a slice of bread, a slice of pizza, any pasta, or any real dessert item since. I used to miss them, but no longer do. Now, when my wife is baking cookies for the kids and the house fills with the smell from the oven, I do get hungry, but hanker for a piece of cheese or something like that. Have kept the weight off, for the most part, too. Got me off blood pressure and cholesterol medicine, too, despite the scare stories about the Atkins diet and just eating protein. My doctor was originally against me doing it, but having seen the results, now recommends the diet to other patients. Anyway, thought that you would all get a kick out of this story considering the thread...

Let the chips fall where they may !

You just have to keep chipping a way, don't you.

Then there is the Monster's Mash.

Back