TechSpot

Raspberry Pi Model B now ships with more RAM, same $35 price

By Jos
Oct 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Answering to the cries of tinkerers worldwide, the Raspberry Pi foundation today announced you'll be able to get their credit card sized computer with double the amount of RAM. But rather than launching a new and more expensive model they'll...

Read more

2. Gareis

Gareis TS Member Posts: 73   +14

3. jacques

jacques TS Rookie Posts: 22

I want that pi

4. Nah, no reason for them to be upset. The pi's next to useless compared to even low-end 'real' systems in terms of doing REAL work.

But from the perspective of using it as a learning platform for how to program such a "supercomputer," it's fantastic, and continues to be fantastic without the extra RAM.

Plus, this is a fact of life for geeks. Buy something today, and within a week a newer, higher-end model will get released, lol

5. I want to order and one of two two sellers send me into my mother

6. I wonder if samsung would release a similar product making a "barebone" of samsung galaxy y gt-5360 (sans cellphone casing) and adding hdmi out.
    3g + wifi b/g/n + 32gb microsd card expansion + android 2.3.6 gingerbread (lol) + hdmi out = almost win

7. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

I'm not sure if this was supposed to be dirty or if it wasn't even English...

8. I still haven't received the original one, and I ordered this thing back in June.

9. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,690   +60

Pretty sure I ordered one too.

10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,137   +1,528

Maybe you could check the status of your order. If you made an order maybe it will show.

11. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

That's great news, wish I could just 'upgrade' mine though. lol.

12. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,944   +576

I'm hoping to see its version on x86 some day...

13. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,690   +60

hmmm I don't see it on my email so I guess not thought I ordered one though

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.