Rate/Comment On My Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently in the process of building a gaming rig for both a school project and for my own personal use. Been stuck with a lower performance computer for a long while that would be lucky to run C&C3:TW on medium and have been longing for a gaming PC for a long while. Enough talk, here's my build:

PSU* - PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V
RAM* - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
Case - NZXT Guardian 921 ATX Mid Tower
Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
CPU Cooler - EVERCOOL PT12-9525EA 95mm Ever Lubricate CPU Cooler
GPU - HIS Hightech H487F1GP Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5

*Already purchased

I would've taken the time to link you to each product but I'd rather have you guys let me know which product you'd like to see and I'll gladly link you to it. I was trying to hit under $1000 and after plugging in all the products with shipping and tax, I was BORDERLINE $1k. But if I need to go a little over $1k in turn for better bang for my buck, then I'll be okay with that. I'm open to any changes that I should do as I haven't purchased everything yet and still not sure if I'm going to stick to that GPU. The only things I purchased so far is the RAM and PSU. Of course I wouldn't WANT to have to return them but if it's needed, then I can take that into consideration. Lots more information I can give but this is an already long post so I'll let you guys let me know what you think. Thanks!

Hello Pinoboi, what you have here is a really nice unit, are you going build this only for games or have you other intentions for it, as for games it would be fine.

Samson48.

Thanks a lot! So no suggestions on anything I should replace or am I good with what I've got? I plan to MAINLY game on it but I'll also be using it for the casual surf online and watching movies at times as well. But nothing like Blu-Ray or anything HD or anything like that so I don't think a Blu-Ray drive or HD monitor will be neccessary. Will probably just use my current LCD monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back