TechSpot

Raw?

By OKCOMPUTER
Aug 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi... I must be the 1,000,000th person to create a profile just to ask for help.
    I'm ignorant about many things. If that reason satisfies you then please do help me.

I noticed this comment regarding a discussion for USB MASS STORAGE DEVICES: "check what format the drives are (fat, raw, fat32 etc), btw it is normal for teh external hdd to be recodnised as a hdd because it doesnt use a flash chip to store stuff."

I have an MP3 Player with 8 GB of storage but I haven't been able to read it's contents on the computer (I don't want to format it because the last time I did it it changed it to 1 GB capacity). I read the contents of the MP3/MP4 device ONCE... and I even saved many files in it, including viewable movies and songs. But NOW, suddenly, no computer wants to read it... it always asks for formatting.

The only thing I know is that it's a RAW FILE FORMAT DEVICE.
    Does anyone with knowledge about this wants to help me?
    How can I see its contents again?

Please help me.

THANKS.

- OK COMPUTER.
  2. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

look for data recovery software that handles usb devices
    off hand I don't know I don't do usb devices
    O&O may do it not sure
    you should be able to change file system without a format
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

try the flash drive recovery suggestions in the FAQs, it might work for a MP3 player.
  4. OKCOMPUTER

OKCOMPUTER TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks

Thanks. I will try all that and post my results here.

Thanks again.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.