Razer adds tons of RGB lights to new keyboards and keypads

Scorpus

Staff member

At Gamescom 2015, Razer has announced two new gaming peripherals, the DeathStalker Chroma keyboard and Orbweaver Chroma keypad, that slot into the company's ever-expanding RGB LED-laden line-up.

The new DeathStalker Chroma is a variation of Razer's existing DeathStalker keyboard, which features laptop-like chiclet keys for a quiet typing and gaming experience. All of the keys on this keyboard now include RGB LED backlights that support 16.8 million colors, with Razer's Chroma software supporting a range of features including multiple lighting zones and color modes.

The Orbweaver Chroma keypad is more for the hardcore gaming crowd. It's a one-handed pad with 20 programmable mechanical keys, an eight-way directional pad, and two additional buttons, plus adjustable rests for your thumb, wrist and palm. Each of the RGB LEDs in the mechanical keys are programmable, allowing you to create intricate color patterns that suit the game you're playing or your gaming setup as a whole.

Razer has announced that the DeathStalker Chroma is now available with a price tag of $99.99, around $40 more than the non-RGB DeathStalker. The Orbweaver will be available next month for $129.99, which is around $30 more than the standard Orbweaver with green backlit keys.

The DeathStalker and Orbweaver join Razer's pretty comprehensive line-up of Chroma products, which includes favorites such as the DeathAdder mouse, BlackWidow mechanical keyboard, Kraken surround sound headset, and even the new Firefly mousepad.

Permalink to story.

The key surface on my Orbweaver has worn off in a short period of time. Razer support told me "We might be able to get and send you replacements" but nothing so far. Not impressed for the price of the device to be perfectly honest. Additional lights won't encourage me to buy their products again.

The only thing I ever bought from Razor was this mat:
razer-goliathus-speed-edition-medium-gaming-mouse-mat.png

When it arrived, it turned out to be so huge, I cut it in half with seassors, I've been using one half at home, one at work ever since. No regrets. Good quality and fairly cheap, 2 for 1 :)

Back