TechSpot

Razer announces DeathStalker gaming keyboard with Switchblade UI

By Shawn Knight
Aug 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Not to be outdone by yesterday's Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 gaming keyboard announcement, Razer has stepped up to the podium to introduce their latest board known as the DeathStalker Ultimate. This input device features Razer's award-winning Switchblade User Interface which……

Read more

2. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,290   +239

So, the trend in gaming keyboards now appears to be horribly expensive units with fancy screens to offset the lack of mechanical keyswitches? Sorry, but I purchase my keyboards for comfort first, performance second, with frivolous bells and whistles are a distant third.

3. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,653   +523

HA, $250 for a keyboard with a LCD and some fancy lighting. Seriously, people need to stop wasting money on crap like this and start helping out in their community more, or sponsor a starving child in Africa. But the same can be said about most computer related peripherals that exceed the $50 mark. The biggest insult is the chiclet keys, they just feel bad in every way. And since when does a gaming keyboard need to be ultra slim? It sits on your desk and you type on it, I actually prefer the idea of having a solid feeling keyboard at the expense of being slim. Performance then comfort, and lastly aesthetics.

4. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Evangelist Posts: 334   +101

AS I said in the other keyboard comparison topic; my $56 Steel Series Merc Stealth is still better then these 'oooh shiny' - gotta have's coming out now..

5. c3h899

c3h899 TS Rookie Posts: 37

@Adhmuz "Seriously, people need to stop wasting money on crap like this and start helping out in their community more, or sponsor a starving child in Africa."

Do you really need to interject your self-righteous beliefs? If you sponsor a starving child until he grows to adult hood, you still haven't addressed the lack of food and as such have only contributed to the continent's problems. If you really cared making specific examples would have shown such.

6. Axiarus

Axiarus TS Addict Posts: 218   +92

Mechanical or GTFO.

7. Jbucko

Jbucko TS Rookie Posts: 33