TechSpot

Razer Deathadder died, which gaming mouse to get?

By jools182
Aug 8, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. My Razer Deathadder's scroll wheel has stopped working

it clicks but no longer scrolls

I have taken it apart and cleaned it all out but still nothing. The actual scrolling action feels like its broken somehow, it feels too smooth

Anyway, I'm out of work at the moment and can't afford another razer

Now I'm tossing up between these two

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=087

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A4-X-748K-Gaming-mouse-3200/dp/B001B2RTBY

anyone got any opinions which one to go for?
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,367   +125

At first glance, I like the A4 X-748K Gaming mouse 3200 dpi/USB.
    But thats because i've only used crappy microsoft mice.
  4. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 663

I can highly recommend the MS SideWinder X8. It's bloody awesome.
  5. jools182

jools182 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 114

it looks good, but its almost the same price as a razer and I can't afford it at the moment :(
  6. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

do you prefer corded or cordless mice?
  7. jools182

jools182 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 114

I prefer corded
  8. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,367   +125

Good choice.
  9. sH1fty1985

sH1fty1985 TS Rookie

My personal gaming mouse is the G-500 from Logitech, it has everything and more than what the G5 has, sorry to say they no longer make it.
    The G-500 provides weights to provide better pointer precision according to you; it takes a bit to find the perfect ingame-windows sensitivity + weights and DPI on the mouse.
    The only thing I find wrong is the hyper-scrolling on the mouse wheel is unnecessary on a gaming mouse and makes it feel flimsy.
    This is just my opinion...
    What games do you play?
  10. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

Everything sH1fty1985 said, beside about the hyper-scrolling. i just got my G-500 a few weeks ago, i love every part about it. i play a lot of FPS games online with it. its great.
  11. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

I'm using a G9, not the 9x, and have no issues with it minus the fact that it's not the most durable. Then again it was my fault I dropped it so the broken weight holder is my fault. o.o

12. ConstanT1ne32

ConstanT1ne32 TS Rookie

Logitech g500
  13. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

Just make sure your fingers are still mostly extended with what ever mouse you purchase. Having to curl your fingers towards your palm constantly rushing blood is pretty bad for carpal tunnel prevention.
  14. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 616

As your previous mouse's name sounded like a gaming-mouse, then between the two you compared; definently the A4 X-748K. Important notice when it comes to gaming mice: make sure it has a good grip, and a space wide enough for your fingers to jam when wacking, bashing and smashin' villians.

Example: I still use a MSC/DIM-mouse! Simply because it's light as a feather (no fancy technology inside that one, for sure :) ) and resistant enough to pound.

I reckon that Microsoft "Legend" isn't really made for gaming (well that's a laugh...)
  15. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,346   +396

Put me down as a Logitech G500 user and recommendation. An excellent gaming mouse.
  16. Malessick

Malessick TS Rookie Posts: 23

Razer Naga all the way.
  17. beastboy007

beastboy007 TS Rookie

i need a dead razor..

can u give me ur dead deathadder..????
  18. pags78

pags78 TS Rookie

I bought a Razer Imperator about a month and a half ago and it died on me last night
  19. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,059   +84 Staff Member

Not sure if you're looking for help or just trying to let some steam out, but you should start a new thread pags78. Your best course of action is to contact Razer with proper proof of purchase. Wired Razer mice are backed by a two-year warranty. More info here: http://www.razerzone.com/warranty
  20. pags78

pags78 TS Rookie

It was neither really. Just sharing a detail regarding the product.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.