Razer Deathadder died, which gaming mouse to get?

jools182

My Razer Deathadder's scroll wheel has stopped working

it clicks but no longer scrolls

I have taken it apart and cleaned it all out but still nothing. The actual scrolling action feels like its broken somehow, it feels too smooth

Anyway, I'm out of work at the moment and can't afford another razer

Now I'm tossing up between these two

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=087

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A4-X-748K-Gaming-mouse-3200/dp/B001B2RTBY

anyone got any opinions which one to go for?

At first glance, I like the A4 X-748K Gaming mouse 3200 dpi/USB.
But thats because i've only used crappy microsoft mice.

I can highly recommend the MS SideWinder X8. It's bloody awesome.

My personal gaming mouse is the G-500 from Logitech, it has everything and more than what the G5 has, sorry to say they no longer make it.
The G-500 provides weights to provide better pointer precision according to you; it takes a bit to find the perfect ingame-windows sensitivity + weights and DPI on the mouse.
The only thing I find wrong is the hyper-scrolling on the mouse wheel is unnecessary on a gaming mouse and makes it feel flimsy.
This is just my opinion...
What games do you play?

My personal gaming mouse is the G-500 from Logitech, it has everything and more than what the G5 has, sorry to say they no longer make it.
The G-500 provides weights to provide better pointer precision according to you; it takes a bit to find the perfect ingame-windows sensitivity + weights and DPI on the mouse.
The only thing I find wrong is the hyper-scrolling on the mouse wheel is unnecessary on a gaming mouse and makes it feel flimsy.
This is just my opinion...
What games do you play?

Everything sH1fty1985 said, beside about the hyper-scrolling. i just got my G-500 a few weeks ago, i love every part about it. i play a lot of FPS games online with it. its great.

I'm using a G9, not the 9x, and have no issues with it minus the fact that it's not the most durable. Then again it was my fault I dropped it so the broken weight holder is my fault. o.o

Just make sure your fingers are still mostly extended with what ever mouse you purchase. Having to curl your fingers towards your palm constantly rushing blood is pretty bad for carpal tunnel prevention.

As your previous mouse's name sounded like a gaming-mouse, then between the two you compared; definently the A4 X-748K. Important notice when it comes to gaming mice: make sure it has a good grip, and a space wide enough for your fingers to jam when wacking, bashing and smashin' villians.

Example: I still use a MSC/DIM-mouse! Simply because it's light as a feather (no fancy technology inside that one, for sure :) ) and resistant enough to pound.

I reckon that Microsoft "Legend" isn't really made for gaming (well that's a laugh...)

Not sure if you're looking for help or just trying to let some steam out, but you should start a new thread pags78. Your best course of action is to contact Razer with proper proof of purchase. Wired Razer mice are backed by a two-year warranty. More info here: http://www.razerzone.com/warranty

Back