Razer releases updated DeathAdder gaming mouse

By Shawn Knight
Nov 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Razer has launched an updated version of their popular DeathAdder gaming mouse. The revised pointer will ship with a new 4G infrared sensor capable of achieving up to 6,400 DPI resolution for improved performance and precision, among other improvements.

Read more
  2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 761   +178

I wield my original DeathAdder (about 3 years now) and its still a great mouse. It has taken many lives.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,727   +286

Sorta OT (saw "right handed" in topic) but am I the only left handed person thats been using a right hander mouse my entire life? I just started off that way and it stayed that way.
  4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,443   +268

My personal favorite mouse. I don't game much but even for desktop use it's great.
  5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

Why exactly is it so popular? I never understood.

There are better-specced, cheaper, more comfortable mice around. The Razer isn't bad, but is it just so popular due to the name and it being sold everywhere?
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,443   +268

St1ckM4n well, that's very subjective. Coming from over half a dozen MS and Logitech mice, I found the Razer the best for me in the past couple of years or so (I have bought 3 of them already, two in use, the third got a damaged click button after ~1 year of heavy use).
  7. WaveZero

WaveZero Newcomer, in training Posts: 40

Or you can just say they look cool =)
  8. LOL..

I owned an original boomslang (in a round tin) and that was the last Razer worth owning. None of the newer Razer mice are above par & are moving backwards in terms of features and use.

Who would want to own ANY razer mouse with Synapse 2.0..? DRM for a mouse.. no thank you, I'll take one with on-board memory..
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,363   +260

Damn it, I have the left handed edition, sure hope they bring out a left handed edition of this updated version.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.