Razer unveils 17-inch Blade Pro and 14-inch Blade gaming laptops

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Razer recently unveiled two high-performance gaming laptops under the Razer Blade brand. The Razer Blade Pro builds on the success of the original 17-inch gaming system while the 14-inch Blade is being billed as the world’s thinnest gaming notebook.

The larger of the two machines measures 0.88-inches thin, weighs 6.5 pounds and is described as the most portable 17-inch gaming laptop in its class. Under the hood is a fourth generation Intel Haswell processor, GeForce GTX 765M GPU, 8GB of system memory and a 128GB SSD with the option for a 256GB or 512GB upgrade. The 17.3-inch Full HD LED-backlit display operates at a native resolution of 1,920 x 1,080.

razer blade pro blade gaming laptop

The 14-inch Razer Blade’s all-aluminum chassis measures just 0.66-inches thin and is paired with a 14-inch LED-backlit HD+ display that carries a native resolution of 1,600 x 900. A custom trackpad offers multi-touch gesture support while a backlit gaming-grade keyboard is said to deliver full anti-ghosting capabilities and programmable keys.

It’ll be powered by a fourth generation Intel Core processor, Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 765M GPU, 8GB of DDR3 1,600MHz memory and a 128GB solid state drive for starters. Buyers will have the option for a 256GB or 512GB SSD upgrade for a nominal fee. All said and done, the Razer Blade is said to deliver up to six hours of battery life.

Both systems will be available for pre-order in the US and Canada as of June 3 with pricing starting at $1,799 for the 14-inch Blade and $2,299 for the Blade Pro.

Permalink to story.

I was just reading about this on a FB update from them. They must be doing well if they're able to refresh this thing every year.

Or maybe they keep refreshing it because they can't get it right?...

This is the thickest screen bezel you can get in a laptop today, quite a waste of screen space, as it is a waste of power for GTX 765M for 1600x900 resolution. A good 14" gaming laptop should have 1080P on it.

Or maybe they keep refreshing it because they can't get it right?...

This is the thickest screen bezel you can get in a laptop today, quite a waste of screen space, as it is a waste of power for GTX 765M for 1600x900 resolution. A good 14" gaming laptop should have 1080P on it.

I'm sure they didn't sell enough previous models and just kept making them because that's a great business plan for companies that want to stay in business.

Thickest bezel? Fact or fiction?

They need to but a much more powerful graphics in there. There are tons and tons of thin and light ultrabooks and **** out there. Tons and tons. instead of focusing on thin and light they should focus on power. Their design (even if the laptop is thick) will sell because of their great artistic flare. Gaming laptop = powerful GPU dummies

$1800 is way too steep for just 128GB of SSD storage and a GTX 765M. You can get a Lenovo Y500 with a 1080P screen + dual GTX 750Ms in SLI for $1300-1400. Too bad Lenovo doesnt offer SSD upgrades and the customizer for PCs is trash from Lenovo. They only have presets. I love the thinness of this though, but the price doesnt justify it. The Razer Pro should have a 780M for that price.

$1800 is way too steep for just 128GB of SSD storage and a GTX 765M. You can get a Lenovo Y500 with a 1080P screen + dual GTX 750Ms in SLI for $1300-1400. Too bad Lenovo doesnt offer SSD upgrades and the customizer for PCs is trash from Lenovo. They only have presets. I love the thinness of this though, but the price doesnt justify it. The Razer Pro should have a 780M for that price.

I agree, its definately geared towards the top 5% who can afford to blow money on a boutique laptop.

Back