Razer unveils 17-inch Blade Pro and 14-inch Blade gaming laptops

By Shawn Knight
May 31, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Razer recently unveiled two high-performance gaming laptops under the Razer Blade brand. The Razer Blade Pro builds on the success of the original 17-inch gaming system while the 14-inch Blade is being billed as the world’s thinnest gaming notebook.

Read more
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,262   +41

I was just reading about this on a FB update from them. They must be doing well if they're able to refresh this thing every year.
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,564   +474

Or maybe they keep refreshing it because they can't get it right?...

This is the thickest screen bezel you can get in a laptop today, quite a waste of screen space, as it is a waste of power for GTX 765M for 1600x900 resolution. A good 14" gaming laptop should have 1080P on it.
  4. LinkedKube

I'm sure they didn't sell enough previous models and just kept making them because that's a great business plan for companies that want to stay in business.

Thickest bezel? Fact or fiction?
  5. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,564   +474

Just trusting my eyes... ;)
  6. Hammayon

Hammayon Newcomer, in training

They need to but a much more powerful graphics in there. There are tons and tons of thin and light ultrabooks and **** out there. Tons and tons. instead of focusing on thin and light they should focus on power. Their design (even if the laptop is thick) will sell because of their great artistic flare. Gaming laptop = powerful GPU dummies
  7. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,661   +867

$1800 is way too steep for just 128GB of SSD storage and a GTX 765M. You can get a Lenovo Y500 with a 1080P screen + dual GTX 750Ms in SLI for $1300-1400. Too bad Lenovo doesnt offer SSD upgrades and the customizer for PCs is trash from Lenovo. They only have presets. I love the thinness of this though, but the price doesnt justify it. The Razer Pro should have a 780M for that price.
  8. LinkedKube

I agree, its definately geared towards the top 5% who can afford to blow money on a boutique laptop.
  9. JC713

Yeah, it is a nice laptop, but the specs just arent there.
  10. atlasica

atlasica Newcomer, in training

The Lenovo Y500 has GT750, not GTX. Just saying.
  11. JC713

I am getting confused with desktop models.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.