Razer unveils customisable, ambidextrous Ouroboros gaming mouse

By Jos
Jul 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Razer has introduced a new gaming mouse that's fully customisable and even physically transformable to adjust to any hand size or grip style. The Razer Ouroboros is somewhat reminiscent of the Mad Catz Cyborg RAT 9, featuring an adjustable palm……

Read more
  2. so this razer's version of the rat 9
  3. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 900   +99

Ouroboros? How does one pronounce that exactly. Honestly the thing looks ridiculous, uncomfortable and expensive. I find $80 is expensive for a mouse let alone $130. After all these years I still find my old Diamondback to be my favorite mouse.
  4. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +232

I believe it's pronounced "oo-ro-BORE-os" or "oo-ro-BORE-us" sometimes. Basically refers to the symbolic circular dragon or snake eating its own tail.

As for comfort, I'd have to try one out first. I never thought a R.A.T.7 would be comfortable either, but it's surprisingly easy to use.
  5. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TechSpot Booster Posts: 310   +62

Looks like it. Kinda sketchy how they can come out with a mouse so similar though. Theres got to be lawsuit to be had here somewhere for mad catz.

Try one out. Even if you can't stomach the price I gaurantee you'll be able to customize it to fit your hand perfectly (if it's anything like the rat 9). If you buy it from best buy or something you can just return it the next day anyways.

I agree about the price though. I couldn't believe how over priced gaming mice are when I first got my rat 7. The good news is that mice are already advanced enough that you can buy a customizable one like this or a rat and it probably won't need to be upgraded until it stops working. It's not like they're going to add too many features to them for the average gamer.
  6. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,661   +57

That is some insane DPI. Maybe this will drive down the prices of death adders on ebay to 20$ and I can replace my broken down habu.
  7. spas1

spas1 Newcomer, in training

nice design mouse from razer...
  8. Raegus

Raegus Newcomer, in training

Be more original

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.