TechSpot

Re-installing Windows Vista on my Toshiba A-200 series laptop

By nitemares
Nov 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. very newbie Questions cause I'm not used to oem versions. here it goes:
    I just bought a Toshiba A200-1MD laptop with Windows Vista home premium installed, it came with a recovery disk (don't know what the difference bet. this and a normal windows CD). So my questions are, is it possible to install a new copy of windows from this recovery disk? if not, is it possible to install a new oem version with my Windows key (sticker on bottom of laptop)?
    i don't need to reinstall now, but was wondering just in case. anyways, TIA.

Nadine

2. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 368

u cant install it on a new PC ... if what you are asking is that .... OEM versions are limited to the machine it comes with .... u can however use it to reinstall it on that same laptop

3. nitemares

nitemares TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks that was my question. if i need to re-install on the same pc if for any reason it crashes. so is the recovery disk actually an OEM version of windows Vista??

4. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 368

yeah true ...

5. nitemares

nitemares TS Rookie Topic Starter

thank you for your fast reply, really appreciate it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.