Real big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimesy69

i was playing bf2 when all of a sudden my pc just restarted itself, so i waited for it to reboot, but it kept hanging, so i went to bios and he wasnt detecting my 2nd hdd on slave, so i took it out and rebooted so now my pc boots, but.. my pc is running incredibly slow it takes 3 minutes to finish loading when windows is loaded. also my audio is all distorted.

things i tried: i have run spyware scans, adware scans, registry scans and virus scans, and they have not solved it. also i reinstalled my audio drivers still no joy with the sound. i was thinking maybe my hard drive is on its way out , its about 3 years old now and has an extreme amount of use. this may explain why the slave drive wouldnt work as it runs through the main master hdd, which is the one i think is dying. i really dont know what to do, i have many problems in the past and managed to solve them.

i might go buy a new hdd, but i await your replies. :(

p.s i figured it might be my hard drive as it just happened suddenly, i can see no other reason why it wud just do that. the last resort i want to take is to formatting.

i just noticed that when i play a song the song skips and distorts only when the hdd is reading, but whats strange is my music is stored on an external hdd. i am stumped.

check event viewer this may help in solving hardware or software related issues
I'm think its the sound card gone poof
sometimes can't use newer drivers need older ones

its intergrated sound, plus my pc is just loading non stop basically and when its loading my mouse keeps reseting to the middle of the screen its just laggy as hell , i have run virus scans spyware scans adware scans the lots all in safe mode and picked up nothing.
and my specs are above the average pc. i am gonna try a fresh install of windows and if this doesnt solve it, that means my hdd is dying right?

Hmmm. Cannot tell specifically what the problem is. FIrst of all dont buy anything new in a hurry now. OK?
Save all of your valuable data and forma both of your hard-disks. And install a fresh copy of your OPERATING SYSTEM.
Then install all the drivers and there will be no more problems.

If that does not work try to start the computer with one hard disk at a time. Then you will if there is a problem with the hard disks.

hey lol, look at the date of the last reply its over 5 months old :O ;) i solved it ages ago, i just bought a new hard drive and now it runs perfect, but thanks for your concern anyhow. :)

Grimesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back