Really big problem, temperature at 91 Celsius

Status
Not open for further replies.

batmankiller

Ok when my computer is on and under no load my video card is at 47, the second I turn on WoW, it's increasing to 80-91.. I'm using a ATI Radeon X850 series. I'm thinking it might be fan control but I have no idea how to access this. And i was using ATI Tray Tools.. and when i closed it.. it went back to 60 under load.. which is not great.. but okayish.. so I'm think ATI tray tools had some default fan settings .. and if anyone knows how to check the fan settings please help lol

That doesn't make sense. The fan controls are in CMOS (press delete at the first screen when you start your computer to access CMOS). That's if there are any fan controls.

You could look and see, but I'm not sure that's a fan issue. It sounds like a misreported temperature. In the past most people used Motherboard Monitor to know the CPU temperature, but it appears it's no longer in development and I've not found another one yet that reports temperatures somewhat accurately. Although, there is Speedfan, but I was told that it was flaky.

My video card is the one heating up not the motherboard, so CMOS settings won't help here. And it isn't a misinformed temperature because it's the temperature gvien off from the cAtalyst control center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back