Really easy email question

ali...

I'm sure this is an easy one to solve.

I'm using Yahoo to type up and send an invoice each week. So I write a description of the work i've done, tab across one space, write the amount, tab across again, write the total.

It all looks really neat at the point of sending but then when I check my 'sent' emails, it always sends with uneven gaps, the 'total' section sometimes on the line below.

Eg When I type it it looks like this:

Built 2 Walls (tab space) @ £10.00 (tab space) £20.00

Built 3 Walls (tab space) @ £10.00 (tab space) £30.00

But it sends like this:

Built 2 Walls @ £10.00 £20.00

Built 3 Walls @ £10.00

£30.00

Why does it do this?

I'm sure this is an easy one to solve.

I'm using Yahoo to type up and send an invoice each week. So I write a description of the work i've done, tab across one space, write the amount, tab across again, write the total.

It all looks really neat at the point of sending but then when I check my 'sent' emails, it always sends with uneven gaps, the 'total' section sometimes on the line below.

Eg When I type it it looks like this:

Built 2 Walls (tab space) @ £10.00 (tab space) £20.00

Built 3 Walls (tab space) @ £10.00 (tab space) £30.00

But it sends like this:

Built 2 Walls @ £10.00 £20.00

Built 3 Walls @ £10.00

£30.00

Why does it do this?

Kindly define what you mean by "Tab space"?

I believe the format used for sending emails doesn't support tab characters, usually encounter this with any white space/tab within HTML. The yahoo editor may allow you to enter them but the send version will not include them. It will be stripped of them when sending. Is this still the case when using the "Rich Text" editor in yahoo mail? You can use indent buttons in the Rich Text editor which should be maintained when the email is sent.

EDIT : I just tried it from yahoo.co.uk mail and it worked with Plain Text editor and Rich Text editor versions. Not sure why it isn't working for you.

Back