Realtek AC'97 audio for VIA (no sound)

Alright, I recently bought a new mother board (Intel LGA 775 Processor Motherboard VIA PT880PRO + VIA 8237) and it has on-board audio. The audio is a Realtek AC'97 audio, I have downloaded the drivers for it, nothing, installed the drivers from the disk, and that help a little, it gave me barely any sound even with my speakers and volume mixer at 100%, but when I could hear sound it sounded like a distant echo. I also have Vista-32 bit, if any of you could help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Realtek AC97 card there are different type..and thus different driver mentioning Realtek AC97 so try some other one. If you had Windows 7 you may have it easily by Windows Update.

In this situation I download Aida64 Trial..

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/a64xe

Once installed you can view your windows devices from the left hand side, and then select your audio device from there. It should give you the exact details (Chipset/Model Name/ID etc) that you need to locate the driver.

It's a bit strange that the disc drivers didn't help much though, as they should be the correct software...

Back