TechSpot

Realtek AC97

By ardi
Jun 17, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Realtek AC97 "LOUDNESS" on Acer Notebooks-Help Please

Hi everyone,i'm new so i don't know if this subject has already been discussed.I do music professionally.I use Acer notbooks and with varying results they have all had a realtek ac97.Now my current acer is a 5101 turion
    single core.On the realtek eq it has a loudness button.Now i only use this for my pre monitor listening but i must say that in very noisy discos it has changed my life.This week i was going to upgrade to a acer 4233 or 5685 both dual core 2 and both with intel cards,we'll install xp professional but could anybody give me any info on how i could maintain this "Loudness" function.The 5685 seemed to have the same eq page but NO loudness,any info would be greatly appreciated,thanks to all , Ardi

2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

3. ardi

ardi TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well that's encouraging , thank you very much for the info , i'll try to do some homework on the chipsets on the 4233 & 5685 even if looking on the acer site didn't help , it really is quite a big problem for me , oh well , here we go , and thanks again.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.