Realtek audio troubles

I just purchased a New computer and the motherboard has Realtek HD Audio my problems started when I plugged in headphones in the front jack then unplugged them when I was done. Currently I have rear speakers , front speakers and a line in but after I unplugged the headphones the speaker went silent and after hours of playing with the manager and device setting I have the speakers working but softely when I do a test it almost blows my speakers at a level that i Use to watch Netflix.
also I now have a HD Audo 2nd output that drives the level of the Speakers as well.
I,ve tried drivers and windows 7 says everythings fine through Dxdiag.
I have a dream computer but lacking sound.
Help me Obiwahn Conobe your my only hope.

Run Windows Update until there are no more to be found. "New" computers never have all the necessary updates installed before you buy them. Windows 7 should have Service Pack 1 installed now. You may get lucky and get your sound back, or you might have to go to your computer's support website and download the most current audio driver from there

Have done all the updates.

I have updated windows 7 and every driver except bios which I hate doing to a new machine but may need to be checked.
I have made some changes that seem to help but I'm using one speaker system for two devices and when I switch that system to support my TV then the sound cuts off on my Computer speakers this system is very odd plus every input is addressable so a box pops up and announces you've plugged in a jack what should I do with it and gives you every selection from mike, line in, front speakers, rear speakers, side speakers, center speaker/subwoofer, headphone, you choose what you want it to be.
It would be great if everything went that simple... LOL

Thanks.

Info

It is a dell Studio XPS 9100 motherboard has built in Realtek HD , i7 960 Proccessor.
I did find the solution it had something to do with the front plug detecting the headphones but not releasing the input when the headphones are unplugged so it muted the rest of the speakers.
I unchecked that setting and the sound seems to be back I'm afraid to plug the headphones back in now!

I can't find any good support for the Realtek software? no manual.

Thanks for your help just don't unplug anything I guess.

Fixed

I installed the R2.61 driver and now I'm just playing with all the controls and this seems to correct the issues now I just wish there was a manual with more information about how to use all the neat things.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Jeff

Back