TechSpot

Realtek HD audio drivers microphone problem:

By Adnamra
Apr 20, 2008
  1. Hello guys.

well, first of all, i have read all of the threads related to microphone problems and i havent found mine.

i have bought a new computer and here are the details:
    Windows XP SP2
    Intel pentium Dual core 2.GHz
    2.00GB ram
    I have turned all my audio hardware connections in my back rears (My columns, my headphones and my microphone)
    When i plugged my microphone, it detected as Mic IN and it goes for INPUT connections:
    (Image 1 is attached...)
    Sorry, but im portuguese^^ And i just put some english stuff to understand =)

(Image 2 is attached...)

The problem is: When i talk to someone in any program (MSN,Ventrilo,etc....) that person/people listens to everything instead of my voice.
    I'm going to be more clear...the person that im talking to in any voice chat program, listens to: -Every music/sounds that i do in my computer (ex: deleting file to trash sounds, even music is going in windows media player, the sounds when i click in my foulders,etc...)
    -Listens to himself, i mean, when he talks, he is listenning to his own voice.
    And when i talk, he listen really quiet.

Thanx in advance^^

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      52.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      13.3 KB
      Views:
  2. simonjester

simonjester TS Rookie

Woah, not a bad translation! Hope you can understand my response. . .

It sounds like your .wav out is being redirected to your recording line, instead of the microphone. Try this:

• Open Volume Control (Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Volume Control)
    • Switch to "Record" mode (Options -> Properties -> Adjust Volume For; select Recording, make sure Microphone is checked, then click "ok")
    • Select "Microphone"
    • Test your apps

Hopefully this'll help...

3. Adnamra

Adnamra TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you

Thank you so much! it really worked. I know, since i have a diferent motherboard than the older computer, even the options changed. Thank you really so much!
    Sorry for the late reply, but i was in exams and was really dificult to even try what you told me to. But im really gratefull!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.