Realtek HD audio, no bass

sprandel17

I just got a new computer...with Realtek HD Audio. Specifically: Realtek ALC888S.

The computer has no bass. Music played through YouTube, Winamp, WMP, iTunes, or through games have essentially nothing coming out of the sub.

I do have 5.1 selected, that is what my setup is.

Here is the weird thing. When I plug my MP3 Player into the Line-In and play through there, the bass sounds great. When I play from inside the computer, there is none. Can anyone point me to some places to look inside the Realtek HD Audio Manager? I can't seem to find anything useful in there at all.

have you checked the bass management and swap bass and center option? you might want to try checking those option to check if it bring back the bass.

btw also try the 5.1 speaker test to check if all channels sound properly.

The Bass Management and Swap checkboxes seem to do nothing. When running a channel test, all channels sound properly, but when it gets to the sub it just plays the center sound again through the center channel.

i think that explains why you're not getting any bass. im not sure if it's your speakers or the realtek itself, but you can try some stuff for the realtek, such as: try to set it to 7.1 and uncheck the rear or side (making it 5.1) and try again. you can also try to reinstall realtek software or even update it to a more newer version.

Back