Realtek HD audio, no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I seem to have a problem
My sound did work but suddenly stopped everything says its still working there are no mutes or anything, ive been to other sites to get help but all there options didnt work like restoring defaults, using a restore points to when the sound worked.
The restore point did work on startup but then sound dissapeared again after that.
when i got to my Realtek audio manager i can test my sound and works perfectly fine but when i want audio on like my music films games it doesnt work. i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before a found a solution.
many websites i have visited have all been about the same OS i have and thats windows vista basic perhaps something is wrong with windows vista =S anyways please write back and all comment are appriciated
paul

have you tried un-installing & re-insatalling the sound driver?

update your windows after re-installing the sound driver.

if that didnt worked:

click Start > Run then type dxdiag & hit enter.

a dxdiagnostic tool screen will open,

at the lower part of the screen,click "save all informations".

a report will be generated in notepad,save it to your desktop

and attach the file/report to your next reply.

hey guys, i joined here just for this problem.
i am having this same problem. everything says its working fine except there is no sound! my problem is the smart port sensing that realtek has. I have no fix for this, the only thing that has worked for me is to restart, go into the BIOS, disable the onboard audio, boot up, restart, and go into BIOS again and re-enable it.

check the realtek control panel where it says playback devices, can also right click on the volume icon in the system tray and open playback devices. see if the "speakers" is working. if the device says "not plugged in" and your speakers/headphones ARE plugged in, the smart port sensing is malfunctioning.

this is what is wrong with mine. sorry i dont have a fix, but knowing is better than nothing.i "contacted" my motherboard manufacturer and let them know of the problem, for what its worth.

-zach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back