TechSpot

Realtek HD Audio Problem - Mic flowing through to speakers, wont record!

By Paul8
Sep 14, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Techspot,

I have just built a new PC using the GA-P55-UD3P motherboard, I have tried almost everything to get my Microphone working correctly, I have been over many threads and possible solutions through various websites, nothing seems to work!

Problem: My mic is plugged into the rear pink socket, If I leave the "Rear Pink" option muted I have no microphone sound whatsoever, yet if I unmute the "Rear Pink" option the sound going into my microphone comes directly out of my speakers rather than being recorded/used correctly on communication/recording software..
    note: the windows/realtek audio options all have "microphone" greyed out.. the only way to control my microphones mute/volume/boost is through the "pink rear" option!

I hope this makes sense.

It shouldn't make any difference but im using the default software which was included with the motherboard!

Thankyou for your time,
    Paul
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Have you taken a look at your device manager to assure there are no red or yellow flags indicating an incorrection connection... Good place to start.
  3. Paul8

Paul8 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yup, everything is connected correctly.

(no red/yellow indicators)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.