Realtek - Microphone Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've been search for awhile, couldnt find anything to help me, so I finally decided to ask around, anways heres my problem.

So... My Microphone worked fine for awhile, untill I tried using it in Day of Defeat : Source, it wasnt working, but worked for Counter-Strike : Source, and ventrilo without issues, so I decided to go to steam troubleshooting area of the site, and it offered suggestions to make your microphone work, just adjust things here and there.

So I fiddled around, instead of making it work, it made things worse. Now when I turn on my mic for the steam games, you get nothing but static, if I go to the test mic area in steam, you hear static, and it gets worse and worse as you keep your mic opened.

Now, it still works for Ventrilo, but if people talk at same time as me, everyone gets this really nasty staticy feedback cutting out what we both said. Now this never happened before, since my mic didnt playback any sounds except my voice, but now it plays back any sounds, and I use headphones, and my mic is its own little thing, so they arnt connected. So I am not sure how this happens but I would like to fix it so it doesnt do this anymore.

I'm not sure how I did this, I think all I did was adjust the little volume dial in the Mixer, for both playback and record, so there should be a way to fix it since it wasnt like this prior to the fiddling, I also do not have the mic boost thing enabled.

Would really appreciate if anyone could help me out on this.

Whoops... Yes I've solved this problem, found a post around here with the solution.

/facepalm... maybe I should of just done a search in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back