Reboot and select proper boot device

dacota

So I hate joining a forum and starting off asking questions and im sorry for that, ill be sticking around...

I recently took apart my pc to clean it and put it back together and I keep getting this message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

I ran a system check and it said my hard disk was un responsive

I was thinking I might just have to re install windows

All help is highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

You may have disconnected the boot drive, or connected it to a different port than it was on before the cleaning. Get into the bios and check that the time and date are correct, and that the boot hard drive is listed in the boot devices section of the bios

Thanks, I checked and the date and time are correct.

And my boot 1st boot device is listed as RAID:SK04 HL-DT-S

I tried calling gateway and they told me it would cost $200...

Is there a disk I can use to reformat this without having to go out and buy a new windows disk?

Thanks

You need to see what the SATA controller is set at. That RAID:SK04 HL-DT-S is not right! The HL-DT-S is a CD/DVD. The SATA controller should show AHCI or IDE

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The SATA controllers are enabled...
It says Onboard SATA Mode is in Raid Mode

Any idea how I can change this?

254vrc9.jpg

This is what my screen looks like

33kr96w.jpg

Was thinking this is all being caused by my hard drive not being plugged in properly...

This is whats plugged in but it seems like theres another slot there, am I missing a plug?

Raid SATA Mode is grayed out. From the picture, I can't tell if the hard drive SATA cable is in the right place. Can you back off the camera a bit?

Back