ive built a new rig

-i5 2500k+artic cooling i3
-asus sabertooth p67
-asus gtx560 ti top
-8g g-skills ripjaw 1600mtz cl9
-64gig m4 ssd sys drive
-2tb hitachi hdd deskstar3k
all have latest drivers

I kept my old PSU thermaltake toughpower 700w (12v 2.2) w0105 its about 5 years old but I thought would be ok???
all seemed to go well and ive ran prime95 and stressed CPU for half an hour and temps were fine mid 60's,heaven,and also futuremark which gave expected score for my spec ive ran furmark for half an hour on max settings and was fine my gpu hit 71 degrees at 99% load but was fine,yet I play empire total war for 10 mins and it just reboots the same with counter strike source 10 mins on max settings and it just goes off,no BSOD just reboots and win 7 states incorresct shutdown..
now im thinking PSU but could do with some advice my first post but have been a long time lurker here and I know theres a few experts any help most welcome

**edit** read this on another forum "gtx560Ti requires 30Amp on 12V rail"could this be my issue although strange it benches fine im baffled

Disable EIST and C1E in the CPU bios settings, and make sure you have the on-board video drivers installed and configured as "AUTO" with PEG as the first video device in the bios. I just went through this with my new Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard

thanks for suggestion ill try anything !!!!!!,,no onboard gfx on my board mate I changed the bios settings though as suggested and same problem just a random restart after about 10 mins of battle tutorial on empire total war

anymore ideas on this bascally why can I run furmark but not any games games tried shogun 2 TW,empire Total war,counter strike source

Check your rail voltages. Your BIOS should have a "Hardware Monitor" where you can view these. You can also use a free utility like HWInfo for this.

All voltages should be within 5-10% of their rated value. Anything significantly higher or lower indicates that the PSU is likely getting over-stressed.

In addition, check that your CPU's HSF is seated properly. What are the temps on your CPU like?

thank you gents for your thoughts,
not overclocked at all ,and I reseated my heatsink today with artic cooling M4 paste my temps are fine with prime 95 cpu never went over 63 I think and my gpu on furmark just over 70 ,why doesnt it happen while im stressing my system as furmark would surely put as much load on as the games im using

thinking about it theres a theme with the games " steam " anyone think running steam of the second drive (hitachi deskstar 3k 2TB) could cause any issues ,havnt got anymore to try at the minute

Yea but basically just trying to replicate fault with fur mark that I get gaming to try and nail down fault it's looking like PSU but as its all new cannot be sure until I swap it out

Back