reboot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there,,i have an emachine T1090,,i had some problems with my harddrive so i tried to use the reboot cd to restore windows xp,,i put in a 40gig and started the ghosting of windows off the cd,,about 30 seconds in it said error GHOSTERR.TXT,,retried it about 5 times with the same error,,anyone have an idea`what that is,,so i can reformat the drive and get this running again,,cheers

Hello.

Maybe your 40gig isnt fully compatible with your motherboard. What harddrive did you get?

I dont think seagates are compatible with your harddrive. Try a different hard drive like maxtor.

i did and still no luck,,,i tried a western dig,,40gig,,its stops about 30 seconds in with that error GHOSTERR.TXT,,do you know what that means,,

It means Ghost has encountered a problem and (obviously) can't continue. See here for more info (and where to find the log file) and then read the log file once you find it.

If its not harddrive compatibility, it could be bad restore disk. Try a different copy of your restore disk, and eMachines can replace your restore disk for $20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back