Reboot with Error code 100000d1, Event ID 1003

By moisesh
Jan 7, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

New user here. My system has been solid for years now, but lately I have been getting a few reboots within the last month. The latest occured during a download; the latest changes to my system were an addition of a hard drive (I also recently added an encrypted external FireWire drive, but was not using it when the reboot occured).

The last Event in the Event Manager reads:

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 5e7a7878, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 baee9437.

I typically find out what the problem is with my system, but this time the microsoft site didn't help and a google search with the above doesn't generate anything applicable to my system, so this one has me clueless.

I am attaching the 3 minidumps I found (not sure if the PC rebooted with the same error on the 2 older ones, so just attaching in case it helps), so would appreciate it if somebody can look into these and provide me a clue as to why I am getting these reboots.

Thank you,

Moe

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,109   +21

0xD1 errors are caused by either faulty drivers or buggy software. In your case all three minidumps cite the driver vsdatant.sys as the problem. This is a Zone Alarm driver. I suggest either upgrading your drivers and/or go to their forums and read up on what ZA suggests.

I hope you are not running more than one antivirus or security suit because that will cause driver conflicts.
  3. moisesh

moisesh Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks a lot, Route44. I uninstalled Zone alarm in the hopes that this fixes the problem. The weird thing is that I haven't used ZoneAlarm in a year. But anyway, thanks a lot and let's see if that fixes it.

Thanx

Moe
  4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,109   +21

You're welcome. Even if you didn't use ZA for a year if you didn't uninstall it it still had some .dlls and drivers probably attempting to engage causing comflicts with your current security software.

Here is a rule to keep in mind: One antivirus, one firewall, and one antispyware (or one security suite) + router and nothing more.
  5. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

6. moisesh

moisesh Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks CCT; great tip. I will follow the checklist to make sure Zone Alarm is completely exorcised from my system.

Thank you,

Moe
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.